Tuesday, May 26, 2009

interview

The sport of RV driving has always had trouble attracting crowds, but a recent crop of eccentric drivers have brought new crowds and investment to America's highways. We sat down with Dan Levitt, one of the sports exciting new faces to discuss his dreams, his peers, and what it's like to get behind the wheel.

You've just completed your rookie drive, arriving at Wichita from Dallas in under 5 hours. What was that experience like?

D: well, I'm from around D.C., and I'd say it was a lot like the beltway...just without the buildings, cars, and people. I guess you could see a lot more blue cloudy sky and grassy farm land.

Some have compared you to Sean "whiskers" Youngberg, one of the sports all-time greats. What do you make of that? And how do you compare to your peers on the tour?

D: when I'm done with this sport, they'll ask "sean who?".I used to watch a lot of these growing up, including Gav, Lars, and C. I used to revere these guys. Now I got them asking me for tips and autographs, so I guess you could say I've made it.

You've accomplished a lot in your young career. What's next?

D: one word: domination.

No comments:

Post a Comment